Registration for the Little Panthers Preschool for the 2023-2024 school year is CLOSED. Please register your four-year-old in one of the following ways:
1. Download and print the forms.
Forms will be located on our website: https://www.monticello.k12.ia.us/. Go to Schools, click on Shannon Elementary, click on Downloads, and then download Little Panthers Preschool Application & Questionnaire. Mail the completed application & questionnaire to Shannon Elementary, 321 W South St. Monticello, IA 52310
2. Complete the application & questionnaire electronically by clicking on the Little Panthers Preschool Application & Questionnaire Link.
The link is located on our website: https://www.monticello.k12.ia.us/. Go to Schools, click on Shannon Elementary, click on Downloads, and then click on Little Panthers Preschool Application & Questionnaire Link.
3. The application & questionnaire can be picked up at Shannon or mailed to you by calling Shannon Elementary Office at 319-465-3000, press 5 and then 2.
General education four-year-old preschool openings are filled through a lottery method. The program includes: breakfast, lunch, milk, and snacks. If your child turns four years old on or before September 15, a Statewide Voluntary Preschool allocation will lower your child’s tuition. This program also serves six HeadStart slots and special education students (for both three and four-year-olds). More information about Little Panthers Preschool will be available in the January issue of the School Spirit.
If you have any questions for Kindergarten or Little Panthers Preschool, please call Sandy Hinrichs at 319-465-3000, press 5 and then 2.
· Applications are due February 28.
· Preschool openings are filled through a lottery method.
· Head Start slots and Empowerment grants are available.
This preschool is an inclusive, full-day program (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) for students of all needs. Our program offers:
· A certified teacher and paraprofessional
· Large and small group instruction
· Learning Centers
· Developmentally appropriate schedule and activities
· Thematic instruction
· Social Skills Curriculum
· Breakfast, lunch, milk, and snacks
Click here for more information on Little Panther Preschool!