To be eligible for district paid health insurance, you must work for an average of 30 hours per week. The open enrollment period for all insurance is in May of each year.
Long Term Disability Insurance
The Board of Education provides Long Term Disability insurance benefit for employees working a minimum of 20 hours per week. The policy will provide 60% of basic monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $4,000 per month.
Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS)
The district participates in the Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS). This defined benefit plan provides a lifetime retirement benefit to you upon retirement in accordance with a formula based on your age, years of service, and the average of your highest five years of wages. For additional information, please contact IPERS at 1-800-622-3849 or visit the IPERS website at www.ipers.org/index.html.
Voluntary insurance and benefits are offered to all employees that work an average of 20 hours per week. These include:
- Dental Insurance (see below)
- Vision Insurance (see below)
- AFLAC (short-term disability, accident/critical care insurance, cancer insurance, or hospital advantage insurance)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (see below)
- Voluntary Group Life Insurance (see below)
- Identity Theft Protection/Legal Guard (see below)
- 403b Retirement Investment
Employee Benefits Enrollment System
(medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and legal guard)
- To register as a new user, click here!
- To login as a returning user!
- Employee Benefits Handbook 2020-21