April Good News
- Congratulations to Jazz 1 on their 8th place finish in class 3A of the Iowa Jazz Championships!
- Congratulations to Karli Schwendinger on her selection and performance with the Coe College High School honor band!
- Congratulations to Davin Wickman for being named the STAR in Agri-Business for 2022 at the Iowa FFA Leadership Conference! He was selected from 735 members that received their Iowa FFA Degrees this year.
- Congratulations to the following teachers who have received Scale Up Grants from the Iowa Governor’s STEM Advisory Council:
- Heather Hansen -Tiny Techies for Educators
- Kim Carlson – Computational Thinking in Action with Microbit and Robot Investigations with Finch Robots
- Kindergarten teachers: Jolene Schlemme, Ashley Manternach, Jenny Claussen, and Donna Niemeyer – the Daily Math Fluency
- Janice Wallerich – Computational Thinking in Action with Microbit
- Congratulations to our music educators Nick Thumma, Ellen Walker, Donna Wall, Alec Garringer, and Brett Kniess, our students and to our community – we are 1 of 5 schools in Iowa named as a 2022 Best Communities for Music Education. The award program recognizes outstanding efforts by teachers, administrators, parents, students and community leaders who have made music education part of a well-rounded education. Designations are made to districts and schools that demonstrate an exceptionally high commitment and access to music education.
March Good News
- Congratulations to Easton Lee, Logan Farmer, and Emma Hynick for making it to state for bowling! This is the 3rd year in a row that our bowling teams have made it to state!
- Congratulations to the Monticello Jazz Band on being selected to the 2022 Iowa Jazz Championships in class 3A. This is a monumental accomplishment and is the state tournament for Jazz!
- Congratulations to Grant Hospodarsky for being selected for the All-State jazz band and Brendan Pasker for being named an alternate!
- Congratulations to the Middle School 7th/8th grade band on earning a 1 rating at Large Group contest!
- Congratulations to the Middle School Jazz band on earning 1 rating at the district Jazz Contest!
- Congratulations to the Monticello Speech team for sending 17 events to State speech. 14 of those events received a 1 rating.
- Congratulations to Ian Temple & Kendall Siebels for being chosen as outstanding All State performer in Radio News!
- Congratulations to Grant Hospodarsky for being chosen as outstanding All State speech performer in both Radio News and Improv. Grant has been an All State improv performer for 3 straight years!
- Congratulations to Jayden Kuper on being selected for the Iowa Basketball Coaches All Region Team!
- Congratulations to Lydia Recker for being selected to play in the Iowa Basketball Coaches All-Star game!
- Congratulations to Tate Petersen on being selected for the all sub state team and 1st team all-state for basketball!
- Congratulations to Preston Ries on being selected for the all sub state team and the 3rd team all-state for basketball!
- Congratulations to the Boys Basketball team on making it to the 2nd round at State Basketball!
- Congratulations to Grant Hospodarsky for receiving the Iowa Bankers Association 2022 Student Athlete Achievement Award for Class 2A in boys’ basketball!
- Congratulations to Davin Wickman, Lydia Recker, Owen Thomas, Reagen Schneiter, Courtney Thies and Grace Cooksley who will be receiving their Iowa FFA Degrees at the Iowa FFA Leadership Conference on April 12!
- Congratulations to Davin Wickman who was named a State Finalist in the Stars Over Iowa for Agri-Business for FFA!
February Good News
- Congratulations to the Boys Basketball Team on being River Valley Conference North Division Champs for the 3rd year in a row!
- Congratulations to Boys Basketball Coach Tim Lambert for being selected as the River Valley Conference North Division Coach of the Year for the 4th year in a row!
- Congratulations to following boys’ basketball players for their River Valley Conference Awards: Preston Ries and Tate Petersen- Elite All-Conference; Peyton Schilling and Trey Kuper – North Division All-Conference; Caleb Sauser- Honorable Mention All-Conference.
- Congratulations to the following girls’ basketball players for their River Valley Conference Awards: Jayden Kuper–Elite; Lydia Recker-North Division; Katie Roher – North Division; Jaelyn Aitchison-North Division; and Bronwyn Hodge-Honorable Mention
- Congratulations to the Ethan Long and Kale Hansen on advancing to state wrestling!
- Congratulations to the Jazz Band for earning Division 1 Superior ratings from all three judges at the IHSMA Jazz Festival!
- Congratulations to the following groups for being nominated for Large Group All-State Speech: Grant Hospodarsky & Evan Martensen-Group Improv; and Mia Jaeger & Bella Mullen – Group Improv.
- Congratulations to Madison Butterworth on receiving the Best of Center award for Monticello Vocal Solo Night.
- Congratulations to the following on placing at individual conference speech: Improv – 2nd place Grant Hospodarsky; Poetry- 2nd Bella Mullen; Review- 1st Mya Postel; Radio News- 1st Kendall Siebels, 2nd Ian Temple, 3rd Grant Hospodarsky; Expository Address- 1st Zach Reuter; Storytelling- 3rd Claire Hogan; and Lauren Koehler- 3rd Lit Program
- Congratulations to the following students that attended State BPA and qualified for Nationals in May: Marisa Grant- 4th in Medical Terminology Concepts; Lauren Koehler- 2nd in Fundamental Word Processing; Becky Lang- 1st in PC Troubleshooting, 3rd in Digital Communications and Design; Leah Koehler- 2nd in Parliamentary Procedure; and River Smith- 2nd in Python Programming
January Good News
- Congratulations to Nurse Jennifer Speltz on being nominated for the LifeChanger of the Year Award!
- MHS Student Council completed its 5th annual food/toiletry drive and collected over 1,700 items for the Monticello Food Pantry. Thank you to everyone who donated!
December Good News
- Congratulations to Yasmin Al-Ansar Arnold for being awarded first place in the Monticello Public Library’s Ink Drawing Contest.
- Congratulations to Sullivan Clemmons for being awarded second place in the Monticello Public Library’s Ink Drawing Contest.
- Congratulations to Todd Hospodarsky and the SODA Club for being recognized at the Jones County Safe & Healthy Youth Coalition recognition ceremony for the drug & alcohol prevention advocacy this past year.