March Good News
- Congratulations to Jazz 1 on earning first place in Class 2A of the Coe College Jazz Summit! Brendan Pasker was named the outstanding performance in 2A.
- Congratulations to the boys’ basketball team & coaches on making it to State!
- Congratulations to Alex Oswald on completing Iowa Communications Network’s Statewide Youth Broadband Advisory Council’s (SYBAC) cybersecurity training requirement from Fortinet. Fortinet has addressed a need to further build security expertise by making its self-paced courses from the Network Security Expert (NSE) Training Institute available for free. Throughout the school year, he worked through online material and developed a foundational understanding of the ever-increasing threat landscape and common network security concepts. This is a great accomplishment!
- Congratulations to Jayden Kuper on being named to: the 3A-7 Iowa Basketball Coaches Association All Region Team; the 3A Iowa Girls Coaches Association All District Team; the 2nd Team All State Iowa Sports Writers Association; the 2nd Team All State Iowa Girls Coaches Association.
- Congratulations to Brea Stahlberg on being selected to play in the Iowa Girls Coaches Association All Star Game. She will play on the 3A White Team on April 1st.
- Congratulations to all 12 Varsity Girls Basketball Players on making Academic All-Conference. Team GPA was 3.901.
- Congratulations to Tate Petersen and Preston Ries for making the All Substate Team and to Preston for making the All State First Team and Tate for making the All State Second Team.
- Congratulations to Ian Temple and Alex Oswald for their selection to the 1A/2A All-State Jazz Band! Becky Lang was selected as an alternate!
- Congratulations to Karli Schwendinger and Lauren Koehler on their selection to the Coe College Honor Band!
February Good News
- Congratulations to the following Senior Athletes on their high school career:
- Wrestling: Ethan Long, Kale Hansen, Ian Taylor, Kyler Husmann
- Boys Basketball: Ian Temple, Chesney Capron, Nathan Sauser, Deacon Besler, Austin Kurt, Tate Petersen, Gage Guilford, Cord Neitert
- Girls Basketball: Bella Mullen, Brea Stahlberg, Jaelyn Aitchison, Katie Roher, Reagan Schneiter
- Girls Bowling: Maddison Butterworth, Marissa Grant, Emily Hendricks, Becky Lang, Angel Larsen, Maddison Parmenter, Mya Postel, Aleasha Schilling, Nora Sperfslage
- Boys Bowling: Connor Hynick, Cole Nietert, Brendan Pasker, Zach Reuter, Hayden Tomkins
- Cheer: Haley Sly
- Dance: Leah Smith & Claire Tuetken
- Congratulations to following boys’ basketball players for their River Valley Conference Awards: 1st team: Tate Petersen, Preston Ries; 2nd Team: Carson Lambert; and Honorable Mention: Conley Schauf.
- Congratulations to the following girls’ basketball players for their River Valley Conference Awards: 1st Team: Jayden Kuper, Kennedy Hermsen; 2nd Team: Brea Stahlberg, Katie Roher; and Honorable Mention: Keziah McQuillen.
- Congratulations to Jonah Luensman and Kale Hansen on advancing to state wrestling and to Kale for placing 6th.
- Congratulations to the following groups for being nominated for Large Group All-State Speech: Group Improv- Mia Jaeger & Bella Mullen; Short Film – Not for Kids Anymore – Harrison Ahlrichs, Jacob Miller and Dylan Ponder; Short Film – The Bachelor- Aleasha Schilling, Reagan Schneiter, Karli Schwendinger, Nora Sperfslage.
- Congrats to Tate Petersen, who was selected to play in the Iowa Basketball Coaches Association Senior All Star Games in March. Tate was also named Academic All State for Basketball, one of only 24 to be named to the team in the entire state!!
- Congratulations to Zach Reuter who placed 3rd and Brendan Pasker who placed 4th at conference bowling.
- Congratulations to Brendan Pasker who qualified first with a career-high 3 game average of 767, and Zach Reuter qualified second with a 668 and advancing to State Bowling. And congratulations to Zach on placing 13th at State.
- Congratulations to all the BPA students who attended the state conference last week in Des Moines. Monticello was well represented. We had 10 students qualify for nationals! NATIONAL QUALIFIERS: Alex Oswald: 1st place in Personal Financial Management and 2nd place in Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications; River Smith: 1st place in C++ Programming, 1st place in Python Programming, and 5th place in Computer Programming Concept; Ella Glawatz: 3rd place in Prepared Speech; Ella Sauser: 5th place in Fundamental Desktop Publishing; Taylor Gassman: 2nd place in Ethics and Professionalism; Becky Lang: 1st place in Computer Security, 1st place in Digital Marketing Concepts, and 5th place in Meeting and Event Planning Concepts; 2nd place – Parliamentary Procedure Team: Lake Schnoor, Mace Schnoor, Aedan Althoff, and Grant Gassman. We also had a lot of Top 10 Finalists: Becky Lang: Computer Programming Concepts and Administrative Support Concepts; Lydia Ahlrichs: Parliamentary Procedure Concepts; Aedan Althoff: Information Technology Concepts; Lauren Koehler: Intermediate Word Processing and Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications; Alex Oswald: Advanced Accounting and Financial Math and Analysis Concepts; Podcast Production Team: Becky Lang, Emma Schwendinger, Marisa Grant, and Ella Glawatz. Congrats to Alex Oswald for receiving his Statesman Torch Award!
November Good News
- Congratulations to the following students who had an excellent performance with the River Valley Conference honor band: Madison Butterworth, Karli Schwendinger, Nora Sperfslage, Miranda Rieken, Lydia Ahlrichs, Brendan Pasker, Ian Temple, Leah Koehler, Alex Oswald, and Lauren Koehler!
- Congratulations to Brendan Pasker for making the Iowa All-State band on the Baritone Saxophone!!
- Congratulations to the following students on their selection to the NEIBA District Honor Band: Nora Sperfslage, Ian Temple, Lydia Ahlrichs, and Alex Oswald!
- Congratulations to Mia Jaeger and Jayden Kuper for making the All-District team for volleyball!
- Congratulations to Jayden Kuper for making Honorable Mention All-State for volleyball!
- Congratulations to the Cast & Crew of The Little Mermaid on a fantastic performance!
October Good News
- Thank you to Nick, Denny, and Todd for your dedication and teamwork. Happy Principals Month!
- Congratulations to the Marching Band for a DIVISION 1 rating at the Iowa High School Music Association State Marching Festival!! This is the first division 1 in quite some time and it’s due to the students’ hard work and dedication they put in this year!
- Congratulations to the Girls Volleyball team on being 3-peat North Division Conference Champs!
- Congratulations to Cameron Pasker on being accepted to the 2022 OPUS Honor Choir! He was one of 780 students selected from 2900 from across the State of Iowa. And this is second year for being selected!
- Congratulations to the Football team on being District Champs for the 2nd year in a row!
- Congratulations to the girls’ cross country team on being Conference Champs!
- Congratulations to the following cross-country runners on their all conference awards: 1st Team: Chesney Capron, Emma Althoff, Leah Koehler, and Marisa Kehoe. 2nd Team: Jacob Miller, Alex Oswald, Aedan Althoff, and Halle Recker. Honorable Mention: Cord Nietert, Walker Spence, and Ava Capron.
September Good News
- Trees Forever has awarded Monticello High School with the Outstanding Youth Project Award for our students’ work during our Community Day of Caring last Spring. Special thanks to Deb Bowman, our student council members and our NHS members for their hard work in setting this all in motion. This award reflects the service and leadership roles our students take seriously within our community. We would also like to thank Jacob Oswald and the entire Parks and Rec department for their work on this project. In addition to our students earning this award, Trees Forever also awarded Mike Meshak an Outstanding Volunteer Award (posthumous). Congratulations to all!