December Good News
- Congratulations to art student Allison Chappell for winning first place in the Monticello Public Library’s art contest!
- Congratulations to senior Justin Recker on becoming the Panthers’ all-time leading boys’ basketball scorer, and the first to reach 1,000 career points!
November Good News
- Congratulations to the following students selected to the Iowa All-State Music Festival: Levi Temple, Trombone-Orchestra and Sullivan Flynn, French Horn 1-Band.
- Congratulations to Gary Pasker on making All-State Chorus.
- Congratulations to the following on being named to All District Football: 1st Team: Luke Lambert, Justin Recker, Owen Thomas, Brayden Cleeton, and Tyler Luensman; 2nd Team: Preston Ries and Kaden Kiburz; Honorable Mention: Bo Kramer and Tate Petersen; Kicker of the Year: Christian Castillo; Returner of the Year: Caleb Sauser.
- Congratulations to Kylie Nagel on being named Volleyball Assistant Coach of the Year by the Iowa Girls Coaches Association!
October Good News
- Thank you to Joan, Denny, and Todd for your dedication and teamwork. Happy Principals Month!
- Congratulations to Aimee Hospodarsky on being named as the 2021 Iowa School Counselor of the Year! (last year she was the ISCA Elementary Counselor of the Year)
- Congratulations to the following volleyball players on their all conference awards: Elite – Tori McDonald, First Team Libero – DeLainy Fellinger, First Team – Beka Prull, First Team – Bronwyn Hodge, Honorable Mention – Emma Hynick
- Congratulations to Coach Stacie Breitbach on being named as the River Valley North Coach of the Year!
- Congratulations to the following cross-country runners on their all conference awards: Elite All-Conference: Jasper Nietert, Zach Chapman, Emma Althoff, Karle Kramer. All-Conference: Harrison Ahlrichs, Carter Kurt, Jacob Miller, Triniti Etzel, Lydia Recker.
- Congratulations to the Boys XC team on being Conference Champs.
July Good News
- Congratulations to Middle School Principal Brent Meier on his Retirement!
June Good News
- Congratulations to the following students who received their Iowa FFA Degrees during the virtual Iowa FFA Leadership Conference held in May: Karli Recker, Adele Hogan, Delainy Fellinger, Rachel Nelson, Brooklyn Stark, Eli Bietz, and Ian Lorenzen.
May Good News
- Congratulations to the Class of 2020!
- Congratulations to Payton Jaeger on earning the IATC Academic All State Award for the 2020 track and field season!
March Good News
- Congratulations to River Smith as one of the top 100 students in the state of Iowa to qualify for the State Geography Bee competition. The competition will be held on March 27 at the University of Northern Iowa. Good luck River!
- Congratulations to the High School Jazz Band on qualifying for the Iowa Jazz Championships (even after moving up to 3A this year)!
- Congratulations to trombonist Levi Temple for being named “outstanding soloist” for the 3A NEIBA Jazz Festival in Independence!
- Congratulations to the 6th Grade Band on receiving an “excellent” rating at the large group contest and for the 7th/8th Grade Band on receiving the “Superior” rating!
- Congratulations to the Boys Basketball team and coaches on advancing to the State Tournament!
- Congratulations to Anisa Krouse and Ally Bartachek for being selected as All Iowa Honor Dancers and performing at the State Basketball Tournament.
- Congratulations to Janice Wallerich & Robyn Ponder on receiving the STEM Scale-Up Grant for FEX IQ Challenge Robotic Kits from the Governor’s STEM Advisory Council.
February Good News
- Congratulations to the following Senior Athletes on their high school career: Wrestling: Jaydon Ray, Mason Reuter, Alaina Sunlin, Boys Basketball: Jeff Carlson, Cade Folken, Devin Kraus, Ethan Martensen, Girls Basketball: Lisa Dios, Carly Hayen, Jordan Kuper, Emily Schlarmann, Gabrielle Steiner, Girls Bowling: Rylee Bauer, Leah Holub, Evee Krouse, Kristen Roher, Lou Rydell, Boys Bowling: Eli Beitz, Jackson DeMean, Adam Schmitt, Luke Weber, Cheer: Mya Boffeli, Haley Shady, Dance: Emma Brighton, Anisa Krouse
- Congratulations to Levi Temple on being selected as KCRG’s February Student of the Month!
- Congratulations to Grant Hospodarsky and Levi Temple for being chosen to perform at Large Group All-State on February 22 in Group Improv.
- Congratulations to the HS Speech participants, 14 events made it to State speech and we had 10 one ratings and 4 two ratings for the day. Great job!
- Congratulations to Jordan Kuper on breaking the school record for most rebounds – old record was 668, as of February 17 she had 686!
- Congratulations to the Kain Luensman on advancing to state wrestling!
- Congratulations to following boys’ basketball players for their River Valley Conference Awards: Justin Recker & Luke Lambert- Elite All-Conference; Connor Lambert, Tate Petersen, & Ty Kehoe- North Division All-Conference: Devin Kraus- Honorable Mention All-Conference.
- Congratulations to the following girls’ basketball players for their River Valley Conference Awards: Jordan Kuper & Gabrielle Steiner – Elite All-Conference; Tori McDonald & Karli Recker-North Division All-Conference; Gabrielle Guilford – Honorable Mention All-Conference.
- Congratulations to Donnie Kremer as being selected as the River Valley Conference North Girls Basketball Co-Coach of the Year.
- Congratulations to Tim Lambert as being selected as the River Valley Conference North Boys Basketball Co-Coach of the Year.
- Congratulations to the Monticello HS Jazz Band for receiving a superior division 1 rating at the IHSMA Jazz Festival on January 27th. This is the second year in a row that we have received the top rating!
- Congratulations to the Boys Bowling Team on advancing to State and to Easton Lee on Individual District Champion and advancing for individual State bowling!
January Good News
- Congratulations to Caleb Gillmore on being named KCRG’s Athlete of the Week!
- Congratulations to 7th Grader River Smith on winning the Middle School Geography Bee and to 2nd place winner Nick Welter, 8th grader.
- Congratulations to our 10 school finalists for the school-level competition of the National Geographic Bee: 5th graders Avery Jurgens and Matthew Luke, 6th graders Ty King and Brady Gogel, 7th Graders Kendall Siebels, Royce Kiburz, and River Smith, and 8th graders Nick Welter, Jonah Luensman, and Kyle Cox.
- Congratulations to student artists Cora Mescher and Brea Stahlberg for winning the drawing contest at the Monticello Public Library. Three art works were tied in a three-way tie for most votes by library patrons. Two of them were MHS student artists! Congratulations Brea and Cora!
Congratulations to Payton Jaeger and Jeff Carlson who won 1st place in the Cedar Rapids Improv contest held Nov. 23 at Mt. Mercy College.
- Congratulations to Madeline Stadtmueller, Micah Williams, and Kehde Campbell for being selected to perform in the NEIBA Honor Band.
- Congratulations to Aimee Hospodarsky for being selected as the Iowa Elementary School COUNSELOR OF THE YEAR by the Iowa School Counselor Association!! Aimee was recognized at the Iowa School Counselor Conference for her outstanding service and achievement.
- Congratulations to Levi Temple, Sullivan Flynn, and Olivia Besler for making All-State Band. They will perform on Saturday, November 23 in Ames.
- Congratulations to senior Robby Holmes for earning a spot in the IHSMA All-State Festival chorus! A special shout-out goes to junior Gary Pasker for getting a callback.
- Congratulations to the Football team on making the playoffs! Panthers will travel to West Liberty for their first round state playoff game Friday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m. Both teams are 6-3.
- Congratulations to the Boys & Girls XC teams on qualifying for State! Both teams were champions at the state qualifying meet in Dike, and will run Nov. 2 in Fort Dodge.
- Congratulations to the Volleyball team on winning their first match of Regional play and moving on to the 2nd round. They will play Independence @ Independence on Tuesday, Oct. 29 @ 7pm.
- Congratulations to Destiny Wall for being accepted to the 2019 Iowa Opus Honor Choir. She is one of 180 5th & 6th grade students from across the state to participate. This is her 2nd year in making the Honor Choir.
- Congratulations to Jordan Kuper on being named KCRG’s Athlete of the Week!
- Congratulations to Tanya Manternach, HS Science Teacher, on being awarded the Jones County Soil & Water Conservation District 2019 Conservation Teacher of the Year!
- Congratulations to the following volleyball players on their all conference awards: Elite Team –Jordan Kuper, North All Conference Team – DeLainey Fellinger, Tori McDonald, and Emma Hynick.
- Congratulations to Jordan Kuper on being KCRG’s Athlete of the Week!
- Congratulations to Panther Dancers Ally Bartachek & Anisa Krouse for making the All Iowa Honor Dance Team!
- Congratulations to Jordan Kuper on reaching her 1,000th career kill on September 12, 2019!
- Congratulations to Quarterback Jeff Carlson for his long gain on the final regulation possession to Justin Recker and for being named the KWWL Lincoln Savings Bank Friday Night Heroes Play of the Week!