November Good News
- Congratulations to the following students who had an excellent performance with the River Valley Conference honor band: Madison Butterworth, Karli Schwendinger, Nora Sperfslage, Miranda Rieken, Lydia Ahlrichs, Brendan Pasker, Ian Temple, Leah Koehler, Alex Oswald, and Lauren Koehler!
- Congratulations to Brendan Pasker for making the Iowa All-State band on the Baritone Saxophone!!
- Congratulations to the following students on their selection to the NEIBA District Honor Band: Nora Sperfslage, Ian Temple, Lydia Ahlrichs, and Alex Oswald!
- Congratulations to Mia Jaeger and Jayden Kuper for making the All-District team for volleyball!
- Congratulations to Jayden Kuper for making Honorable Mention All-State for volleyball!
- Congratulations to the Cast & Crew of The Little Mermaid on a fantastic performance!
October Good News
- Thank you to Nick, Denny, and Todd for your dedication and teamwork. Happy Principals Month!
- Congratulations to the Marching Band for a DIVISION 1 rating at the Iowa High School Music Association State Marching Festival!! This is the first division 1 in quite some time and it’s due to the students’ hard work and dedication they put in this year!
- Congratulations to the Girls Volleyball team on being 3-peat North Division Conference Champs!
- Congratulations to Cameron Pasker on being accepted to the 2022 OPUS Honor Choir! He was one of 780 students selected from 2900 from across the State of Iowa. And this is second year for being selected!
- Congratulations to the Football team on being District Champs for the 2nd year in a row!
- Congratulations to the girls’ cross country team on being Conference Champs!
- Congratulations to the following cross-country runners on their all conference awards: 1st Team: Chesney Capron, Emma Althoff, Leah Koehler, and Marisa Kehoe. 2nd Team: Jacob Miller, Alex Oswald, Aedan Althoff, and Halle Recker. Honorable Mention: Cord Nietert, Walker Spence, and Ava Capron.
September Good News
- Trees Forever has awarded Monticello High School with the Outstanding Youth Project Award for our students’ work during our Community Day of Caring last Spring. Special thanks to Deb Bowman, our student council members and our NHS members for their hard work in setting this all in motion. This award reflects the service and leadership roles our students take seriously within our community. We would also like to thank Jacob Oswald and the entire Parks and Rec department for their work on this project. In addition to our students earning this award, Trees Forever also awarded Mike Meshak an Outstanding Volunteer Award (posthumous). Congratulations to all!