Monday, September 25, 2023
Senior and baby pictures for the yearbook are due before winter break of senior year. Submit your Senior photo and have one thing crossed off the senior to-do list! A free option is available for a yearbook photo on Halverson’s school picture day in the fall also. Guidelines are listed below.
GUIDELINES FOR SENIOR PHOTOS FOR YEARBOOK
· vertical format
· clothing should conform to school dress code
· no inappropriate poses
· no other people, animals, objects/props in photograph
· no sunglasses
· color or B/W are acceptable
· submit digitally (preferred) or write name on back if submitting a hard copy.
· must be received by deadline (before winter break of senior year)
Photos can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be turned in at the office drive up window. Baby photos are optional but must also be submitted by deadline if you wish one. Copies and digital submissions are preferred to original heirloom photos. Baby pictures not submitted digitally should be labeled on the back with first and last names. For senior pictures, of course, you are free to have any senior photo poses you and your photographer wish for your own use. However, the senior portrait selected and submitted for use in the school yearbook must meet the above guidelines. Thanks!
- BPA meeting during Advisory time on Wednesday, September 27th! Come check out BPA!
- BPA is selling lollipops and pork sticks in Mrs. Gassman’s room. Lollipops are $1. Pork sticks are 2 for $3. Stop by between classes if you are interested!
- The weight room will open after school from 3:30-4:30 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please see Mr. Szurkowski with any questions.
- Wednesday, September 27: 1:00 Dismissal
- Wednesday, October 4: 1:00 Dismissal
- Wednesday, October 8: 1:00 Dismissal
- Wednesday, October 15: 1:00 Dismissal
- Tuesday, October 24: Parent-Teacher Conferences 4-8 pm
- Wednesday, October 25: NO 1:00 Dismissal
- Thursday, October 26: Parent-Teacher Conferences 4-8 pm
- Friday, October 27: No School
Silver Service Opportunities
- Pumpkinfest is looking for volunteers! See the flier for more details.
- Anamosa Haunted House is in need of volunteers to be scary!! Dates and times are:
- Fri. and Sat. October 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28 from 6:15-10 pm
Please contact Derek Lumsden at 319-480-7446 if you’re interested!
- Silver service opportunity through the Berndes Center!
- Here is the link for the activities calendar
- Freshman volleyball at Maquoketa @ 5:00
- Today: Breaded chicken sandwich, sweet potato fries, broccoli w/cheese sauce, mixed fruit
- Pretzel dog, green beans, mandarin oranges, frosted cake