Student Bulletin: Monday, October 17, 2022
- Any girls interested in HS Wrestling please sign up with Mr. Lambert by Wednesday, October 19.
- Please fill out this interest survey for a board game club. Let Mrs. Marjoua know if you have any questions. Board Game Club
- Speech auditions will be held in the library during the following day and times:
- Mon, Oct. 17th- 3:30 pm
- Wed, Oct. 19th – 7:30 am
- Thurs, Oct. 20th – 7:30 am & 3:30 pm
- Group Improv will audition with your group.
Information and forms are available in the high school library.
If you have any questions see Mrs. Carlson.
- For the whole month of October, the Monticello public library will be hosting a drawing contest with daily prompts.
- On the early outs- 5th, 12th, & 19th of October, there will be special activities for students starting at 1:15. There is a bus that goes from the new middle school to the old middle school if you want to use that as a way to get to the library.
- On the 21st at 6 PM, there will be a Teen Halloween Party, with costume contest, movie, and food. To receive text messages you can text 81010 , message them @teensmpl .
- Tutoring is available in the support room after school. Check out this spreadsheet to see which teachers will be available: Panther Tutoring
- Student Enterprise is selling popcorn everyday during WIN in the commons. Stop by! It’s $1 for small and $5 for large.
- BPA is selling lollipops for $1. Please stop by to purchase one between classes in Mrs. Gassman’s room 302. There are a variety of delicious flavors!
- BPA is selling smoked snack sticks in Mrs. Gassman’s classroom if you need a snack to get you through the day. There are a variety of kinds: $1.50 per stick or 2 for $3.
- Seniors: Remember to come to the office to verify the spelling of your name. The list is on Rachel’s desk.
- New Weight Room Hours
- Monday 3:30-5
- Wednesday 3:30-5
- Thursday 3:30-5
Please contact Mr. Szurkowski if you have any questions.
- Wednesday, October 19: 1:00 early dismissal
- Wednesday October 19: Motivational Speaker Joe Beckman presentation
- Thursday, October 20: 2:00 dismissal due to Cross Country district meet at MHS
Silver Service Opportunities
- Seniors….if you are interested in attending college you will need to complete the FAFSA. The FAFSA opened on October 1. Prior to completing, however, the student and parent must have an FSA ID. Marisa Grant, Monticello AmeriCorp Student Leader will be holding 2 sessions where she will help students get signed up for an FSA ID. Join her on Wednesday, October 19 during 3rd block. She will be meeting with students in the back room of the main office. Grab your lunch, join Marisa and get this checked off your senior to-do list!!
Students will need to bring a computer AND their Social Security number.
- October 20 – 7:45 am. Iowa Central Community College with campuses in Fort Dodge, Storm Lake and Webster City.
- District Volleyball at MHS @ 7:00
- Today: Popcorn chicken, seasoned rice, buttered corn, mixed fruit, applesauce