Student Bulletin: Thursday, October 6, 2022
- Speech auditions will be held in the library during the following day and times:
- Mon, Oct. 17th- 3:30 pm
- Wed, Oct. 19th – 7:30 am
- Thurs, Oct. 20th – 7:30 am & 3:30 pm
- Group Improv will audition with your group.
Information and forms are available in the high school library.
If you have any questions see Mrs. Carlson.
- For the whole month of October, the Monticello public library will be hosting a drawing contest with daily prompts.
- On the early outs- 5th, 12th, & 19th of October, there will be special activities for students starting at 1:15. There is a bus that goes from the new middle school to the old middle school if you want to use that as a way to get to the library.
- On the 21st at 6 PM, there will be a Teen Halloween Party, with costume contest, movie, and food. To receive text messages you can text 81010 , message them @teensmpl .
- Tutoring is available in the support room after school. Check out this spreadsheet to see which teachers will be available: Panther Tutoring
- Early graduation forms are available in the office at the drive-up window. These are due October 10th.
- Student Enterprise is selling popcorn everyday during WIN in the commons. Stop by! It’s $1 for small and $5 for large.
- BPA is selling lollipops for $1. Please stop by to purchase one between classes in Mrs. Gassman’s room 302. There are a variety of delicious flavors!
- New Weight Room Hours
- Monday 3:30-5
- Wednesday 3:30-5
- Thursday 3:30-5
Please contact Mr. Szurkowski if you have any questions.
- Seniors: Remember to come to the office to verify the spelling of your name. The list is on Rachel’s desk.
- Seniors: Senior and baby photos for the yearbook are due before winter break. Plan to get your Senior photos taken very soon. A free option is to use the Halverson’s school picture day or picture retake day. Failure to use Halverson’s or submit a senior photo to Mrs. Marjoua before winter break will result in the use of your junior year school photo. Guidelines for acceptable Senior photos will be sent to you in a separate email.
- Monday, October 10: Early graduation forms due
Silver Service Opportunities
- Seniors….if you are interested in attending college you will need to complete the FAFSA. The FAFSA opened on October 1. Prior to completing, however, the student and parent must have an FSA ID. Marisa Grant, Monticello AmeriCorp Student Leader will be holding 2 sessions where she will help students get signed up for an FSA ID. Join her on Wednesday, October 12 or Wednesday, October 19 during 3rd block. She will be meeting with students in the back room of the main office. Grab your lunch, join Marisa and get this checked off your senior to-do list!!
Students will need to bring a computer AND their Social Security number.
- October 20 – 7:45 am. Iowa Central Community College with campuses in Fort Dodge, Storm Lake and Webster City.
- Cross Country at Central DeWitt @ 4:00
- Runners dismissed at 2:15
- Volleyball at Northeast Goose Lake
- Fresh/Soph and JV @ 6:00
- Varsity @ 7:15
- Today: Hot dog w/bun, waffle fries, ranchero beans, orange wedges
- Tomorrow: French toast w/syrup, sausage links, hash brown patty, strawberries & bananas