Student Bulletin: Wednesday, September 21, 2022
- For this year’s pep rally, Student Government decided to have a teachers vs. students basketball game instead of minute-to-win-it games. If you would like to participate in the basketball game, please fill out the form below. The pep rally will take place on the morning of Friday, September 30, so make sure you will be able to attend. Students will be randomly chosen during the pep rally to play in the games. Be prepared for some fun!
Link for survey:
- BPA is selling lollipops for $1. Please stop by to purchase one between classes in Mrs. Gassman’s room 302. There are a variety of delicious flavors!
- Seniors: Senior and baby photos for the yearbook are due before winter break. Plan to get your Senior photos taken very soon. A free option is to use the Halverson’s school picture day or picture retake day. Failure to use Halverson’s or submit a senior photo to Mrs. Marjoua before winter break will result in the use of your junior year school photo. Guidelines for acceptable Senior photos will be sent to you in a separate email.
- Fall Weight Room Hours:
- Monday 3:30-5
- Tuesday 3:30-4:15
- Wednesday 3:30-5
- Thursday 3:30 – 5
Please contact Mr. Szurkowski if you have any questions.
HOMECOMING WEEK: September 26-30
- Powder Puff and Ironman Volleyball
- Powder puff football is open to any junior or senior girl, and will be held on Monday, September 26th at approximately 7:00. It will take place at the football field following the coronation.
- Ironman volleyball is open to any junior or senior boy. It will be at the HS gym at approximately 8:00 (after the completion of the powder puff game). There will be teams from the junior and senior classes. Teams will be determined based on the number of students participating.
- If you are interested in participating please fill out the form and return to Mr. Lambert by Friday, September 23rd. There will also be copies at the drive-up window.
- Dress up Days
- Monday: Color Wars
- Freshman: Red
- Sophomores: Pink
- Juniors: Black
- Seniors: Gray
- Staff: Orange
- Tuesday: Country Day
- Wednesday: Pajama Day
- Thursday: Character Day (Ex. Adam Sandler)
- Friday: SPIRIT DAY
- Monday: Color Wars
- Dance forms for non-MHS students are in the office at the drive-up window. These forms are due Friday, September 23rd.
- You are to stay IN the lunchroom during your lunch shift. You are not to be wandering the building during lunch shifts.
- Just a reminder that the only time cell phones can be used is before school, during lunch, and after school. This means not only in the classroom but also in the hallway.
- CANCELED–BPA meeting during WIN today in Mrs. Gassman’s classroom.
Silver Service Opportunities
- Silver Service could be earned at the Taste of Sacred Heart this Saturday, Sept. 24 from 4-8pm! Contact Connie Goldsmith at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Thanks!
- Volunteer at the Pumpkinfest Pumpkin Fest Volunteer
- Ohnward Bank and Trust is looking for a part-time student employee in the 11th or 12th grade. Week day hours are 1:00-5:00 and every Saturday from 8:15-11:30. See Mrs. Larson for more info on duties and contact information.
- There will be a representative from the Marines here during lunch on Thursday, September 22.
- Juniors – the PSAT test will be administered at KW on Wednesday, October 12. The cost for this exam is $18. If you are interested in taking this exam, please see Mrs. Larson to sign up. Money is due to Mrs. Larson by 9/22.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in a Job Shadow with Workplace Learning Connection, complete an application at https://www.kirkwood.edu/workplace-learning-connection/job-shadows/index
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 22!!
- Today: Chicken nuggets, roasted parsley potatoes, corn, orange wedges
- Tomorrow: Maidrite/bun, waffle fries, applesauce, kiwi