Student Bulletin Tuesday September 13, 2022 Day 1
- Please see the attached flier for information regarding the Attendance Raffle!!
- Students who drive a Moped to school should park in the 3 spots closest to the tennis courts. This allows all drivers in the parking lot to be safe.
- BPA is selling lollipops for $1. Please stop by to purchase one between classes in Mrs. Gassman’s room 302. There are a variety of delicious flavors!
- Seniors: Senior and baby photos for the yearbook are due before winter break. Plan to get your Senior photos taken very soon. A free option is to use the Halverson’s school picture day or picture retake day. Failure to use Halverson’s or submit a senior photo to Mrs. Marjoua before winter break will result in the use of your junior year school photo. Guidelines for acceptable Senior photos will be sent to you in a separate email.
- Fall Weight Room Hours:
- Monday 3:30-5
- Tuesday 3:30-4:15
- Wednesday 3:30-5
- Thursday 3:30 – 5
Please contact Mr. Szurkowski if you have any questions.
- You are to stay IN the lunchroom during your lunch shift. You are not to be wandering the building during lunch shifts.
- Just a reminder that the only time cell phones can be used is before school, during lunch, and after school. This means not only in the classroom but also in the hallway.
Silver Service Opportunities
- Have you heard about Jones County Sleep in Heavenly Peace? We are a group of volunteers working to make sure every child in Jones County or Cedar County sleeps in their own bed. We ask community members to come together to help build the beds which are then delivered to the kids. Please join us for a community build in the Wapsi-Ana Park (Anamosa) on September 18th. People of all ages can volunteer and no woodworking skills are required. All tools are provided. Gather friends, relatives, strangers and neighbors to join in on the fun! There are a couple shifts available to sign up for!
- Ohnward Bank and Trust is looking for a part-time student employee in the 11th or 12th grade. Week day hours are 1:00-5:00 and every Saturday from 8:15-11:30. See Mrs. Larson for more info on duties and contact information.
- Commander Buildings, Inc., 22223 Highway 38 North is looking for part-time help. Main responsibilities will be painting frames that are manufactured in the shop. Hours usually begin at 3:30 and last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours on Monday through Friday. If you are interested in a career in welding, this is an opportunity to get your foot in the door. Pay is approximately $15 per hour and could increase if the applicant is a competent, responsible worker. Call Dustin at 319-465-5961 for more information.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in a Job Shadow with Workplace Learning Connection, complete an application at https://www.kirkwood.edu/workplace-learning-connection/job-shadows/index
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 22!!
- Volleyball at HOME vs. Center Point-Urbana @ 5:00
- Today: Chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, tropical fruit, roll & butter
- Tomorrow: Chicken and noodles, green beans, strawberries and grapes, garlic toast