Student Bulletin Friday September 9, 2022 Day 1
- Please see the attached flier for information regarding the Attendance Raffle starting next week!!
- Students who drive a Moped to school should park in the 3 spots closest to the tennis courts. This allows all drivers in the parking lot to be safe. We will identify these for a few days by orange cones on the sidewalk. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
- Business Professionals of America (BPA) meeting on Friday, September 9th at 7:30 a.m. in Mrs. Gassman’s room. Please come if you are interested in hearing what BPA is all about! Future meetings will be held during WIN.
- BPA is selling lollipops for $1. Please stop by to purchase one between classes in Mrs. Gassman’s room 302. There are a variety of delicious flavors!
- Seniors: Senior and baby photos for the yearbook are due before winter break. Plan to get your Senior photos taken very soon. A free option is to use the Halverson’s school picture day or picture retake day. Failure to use Halverson’s or submit a senior photo to Mrs. Marjoua before winter break will result in the use of your junior year school photo. Guidelines for acceptable Senior photos will be sent to you in a separate email.
- It is not too late to join the Interact Club. If you would like to learn more about the club or are interested in joining please reach out to Mr. Hall.
- If you take a Kirkwood class or have an open block, you need to fill out a blue release form ASAP. We have copies in the office. Once it’s filled out and a parent/guardian has signed it, please give it to Rachel in the office.
- Fall Weight Room Hours:
- Monday 3:30-5
- Tuesday 3:30-4:15
- Wednesday 3:30-5
- Thursday 3:30 – 5
Please contact Mr. Szurkowski if you have any questions.
- You are to stay IN the lunchroom during your lunch shift. You are not to be wandering the building during lunch shifts.
- Just a reminder that the only time cell phones can be used is before school, during lunch, and after school. This means not only in the classroom but also in the hallway.
- Make sure you check the white board outside of the office everyday. If your name is listed, you have mail in the office. This is updated everyday!
- The drive-up window: all forms, permission slips, and mail will be available through the window.
- Today: Friday, September 9th: Business Professionals of America (BPA) meeting on at 7:30 a.m. in Mrs. Gassman’s room
Silver Service Opportunities
- Commander Buildings, Inc., 22223 Highway 38 North is looking for part-time help. Main responsibilities will be painting frames that are manufactured in the shop. Hours usually begin at 3:30 and last anywhere from 1 to 2 hours on Monday through Friday. If you are interested in a career in welding, this is an opportunity to get your foot in the door. Pay is approximately $15 per hour and could increase if the applicant is a competent, responsible worker. Call Dustin at 319-465-5961 for more information.
- Juniors and Seniors interested in a Job Shadow with Workplace Learning Connection, complete an application at https://www.kirkwood.edu/workplace-learning-connection/job-shadows/index
DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 22!!
- JV/V Football at Beckman @ 5:00 pm
- Saturday: XC at MHS @ 9:00 am
- Saturday: JV Volleyball at MMS @ 9:00 am
- F/S Volleyball at Cascade @ 9:00 am
- Today: Mini corn dogs, tater triangle, broccoli w/cheese sauce, peaches
- Monday: Walking taco, seasoned rice, buttered corn, apple slices