For 2021-22, we will have openings in the Little Panthers Preschool. If you are interested in registering your 4-year-old, please register your four-year-old in one of the following ways:
1. Download and print the forms. Forms are located on our website: https://www.monticello.k12.ia.us/. Go to Schools, click on Shannon Elementary, click on Downloads, and then download Little Panthers Preschool Application & Questionnaire. Mail the completed application & questionnaire to Shannon Elementary, 321 W South St. Monticello, IA 52310
2. Complete the application & questionnaire electronically by clicking on the Little Panthers Preschool Application & Questionnaire Link. The link is located on our website: https://www.monticello.k12.ia.us/. Go to Schools, click on Shannon Elementary, click on Downloads, and then click on Little Panthers Preschool Application & Questionnaire Link.
3. The application & questionnaire can be mailed to you by calling Shannon Elementary Office at 319-465-3000, ext. 4114.
· Applications are available on January 4 and due February 26.
· Preschool openings are filled through a lottery method.
· Head Start slots and Empowerment Grants are available.
This preschool is an inclusive, full-day program (Monday through Thursday) for students of all needs. Our program offers:
· A certified teacher and paraprofessional
· Large and small group instruction
· Learning Centers
· Developmentally appropriate schedule and activities
· Thematic instruction
· Social Skills Curriculum
· Breakfast, lunch, milk, and snacks