Middle School Parents/Guardians:
Next week on Monday and Thursday Monticello Middle School will be holding P/T Conferences. Parents may attend in person or request a virtual conference. If you attend in person these will be held in the teachers classrooms. We are requesting that parents/guardians not feel obligated to attend if you do not have many questions or concerns that could be discussed in a call or email. The safety and comfort of our students, staff, and parents is our highest priority.
- PLEASE WEAR A MASK TO SCHOOL: Under the new state guidance, students wearing gators, bandannas, and face shields will be quarantined if they are in close proximity to a person that tests positive for COVID-19. Students (who are wearing a mask) determined to have been in close proximity for 15 minutes or longer will also be quarantined if another student is positive or presumed positive and has worn a gator or shield.
- Parking at FB tonight will be limited in most spots to hard surfaces only. Areas around the field have been roped off where parking is not allowed. The grass factory lot across from the field is closed for parking tonight as well.
- Football Play Offs — Monticello is hosting Crestwood tonight at 7:00. All admissions are $6. No passes or punch cards accepted. All spectators must wear a mask and must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Mr. McDonald- Will not be available for MS conferences from 4:00-6:00 on Monday, October 26. He will be holding HS Conferences at that time.
- Mr. Carlson will be available for conferences virtually. Contact her at email@example.com if you would like to schedule a conference.
- Red Ribbon Week- October 23-31. The Middle School will observe Red Ribbon week this year by promoting a drug free life. The mission of Red Ribbon Week is to lead and support our nation’s families and communities in nurturing the full potential of healthy, drug free youth.
- The Middle School Panther Pride group is making posters to promote drug free habits and encourage students to make good choices about drugs and alcohol.
- Parents: Students who are attending the Brick and Mortar learning program are expected to attend school and should not jump back and forth between Brick and Mortar and Online Learning without communicating with the building Principal. Please contact me if you have any questions.
- Attendance: If your student has been marked as absent on a Wednesday this means they did not submit or complete the assigned work within the 24 hours. Work completion is the means in which student attendance is monitored for online learning. Since the start of the year, student participation and completion has improved greatly but there is still room for improvement.
- If your child is sick, keep them home. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Parents/Guardians- Please encourage your students to check their email and online information regularly. The Brick and Mortar students have certainly enhanced their Wednesday learning habits but there’s still room for improvement.
- PARENT LETTER- P_T Conferences F20 (1).pdf
- DOC Spanish Parent Letter- P_T Conferences F20.pdf
Have a great weekend! Go Panthers!!
Middle School Principal