Middle School Parents/Guardians:
I hope you’ve all had a good week. Students and staff are working hard every day and the end of the 1st quarter is nearing. Please see the attached letter for information about Parent/Teacher Conferences at the Middle School. Parent Letter- P_T Conferences F20.pdf
Lastly, just after lunch today we experienced a somewhat unplanned fire drill when the fire alarm system unexpectedly went off. In reality, the problem was actually due to pipes in the sprinkler system within the mechanical room freezing and bursting. When the water pressure in the system changed it triggered the alarm. Heating units in that area had failed to run and caused the pipes to freeze. Students and staff exited the building safely and there was never a threat of danger and everyone returned to normal activities after about 20 minutes. Crews are already on site working to fix the issue.
- Admission for tonight’s Football Playoff Game vs Union here at 7:00 is $6.00 per person. NO activity passes or punch cards will be accepted. All spectators must wear a mask and must social distance.
- Red Ribbon Week- October 23-31. The Middle School will observe Red Ribbon week this year by promoting a drug free life. The mission of Red Ribbon Week is to lead and support our nation’s families and communities in nurturing the full potential of healthy, drug free youth.
- The Middle School Panther Pride group is making posters to promote drug free habits and encourage students to make good choices about drugs and alcohol.
- Monticello Middle School will show their support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month on Tuesday, October 20th. ALL Middle School STAFF & STUDENTS are encouraged to WEAR PINK.
- Parents: Students who are attending the Brick and Mortar learning program are expected to attend school and should not jump back and forth between Brick and Mortar and Online Learning without communicating with the building Principal. Please contact me if you have any questions.
- Attendance: If your student has been marked as absent on a Wednesday this means they did not submit or complete the assigned work within the 24 hours. Work completion is the means in which student attendance is monitored for online learning. Since the start of the year, student participation and completion has improved greatly but there is still room for improvement.
- Please wear a mask. Under the new state guidance, students wearing gators, bandannas, and face shields will be quarantined if they are in close proximity to a person that tests positive for COVID-19.
Have a great weekend! Go Panthers!!
Middle School Principal