Middle School Parents/Guardians:
It’s been another great week at Monticello Middle School! When you have numerous substitute teachers in your building on a Friday and 100% of them share how great the students and staff are here, that is something we should ALL be proud of. Everyone’s hard work is much appreciated!
- Student Council Presentations: Thursday and Friday students in grades 7th and 8th who were interested in serving on Student Council gave presentations to Mrs. Smith, Mr. McDonald, and Mr. Werner. Just doing the presentations is a great accomplishment and each of the students did a great job. Every student who presented should be proud of what they did!!
- There was one correction on the attendance information shared recently. 48 hours should have read 24 hours.
|Student is quarantined due to exposure, but not ill.||Present- Will be excused for temporary Online Learning. If work is not completed within 24 hours of assignment the student may be marked absent for the days of the incomplete work.|
|Assignments are not completed within 24 hours of assignment.||Absent for the days that work is not completed|
- Attendance: If your student has been marked as absent on a Wednesday this means they did not submit or complete the assigned work within the 24 hours. Work completion is the means in which student attendance is monitored for online learning. Since the start of the year, student participation and completion has improved greatly but there is still room for improvement.
- Please wear a mask. Under the new state guidance, students wearing gators, bandannas, and face shields will be quarantined if they are in close proximity to a person that tests positive for COVID-19.
- Masks will be required by all who attend the JH Football game at home on Monday.
- If your child is sick, keep them home. Please let us know if you have any questions.
- School Picture retakes- Monday, October 12. In the morning.
- Online Learners Picture Retakes @ the HS. 7:30-11:00.
- Attention students that might be interested in traveling to Washington, D.C., Gettysburg, and New York in June 2021 should see Mrs. Schmitt for more info ASAP. Since we had to postpone our trip in 2020 to 2021, they are allowing us to add more people if there is interest. It is open to this year’s 7th, 8th, and 9th graders. There is a discount if you register by October 1. Contact Mrs. Schmitt at email@example.com. See the attached flyer for information. Mrs. Schmitt 2021 trip flyer.docx
- Parents/Guardians- Please encourage your students to check their email and online information regularly. The Brick and Mortar students have certainly enhanced their Wednesday learning habits but there’s still room for improvement.
- October 13- Students will dismiss at 2:30 due to the Conference Cross Country Meet being held here at Monticello.
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHMENT FOR INFORMATION REGARDING P/T CONFERENCES
Have a great weekend! Go Panthers!!